Welcome to San Diego Country Club
The link below will provide you some information to enhance your golf experience.
The bag drop station is located immediately to the right of the entrance to the Clubhouse. Please use the Speaker Box nearby to announce your arrival. A club attendant will arrive shortly to transport your golf bag to the Pro Shop.
The Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms are located on the lower level (downstairs) of the Clubhouse. Check-in with the attendant who will assist you in getting a Guest Locker. He is located in the Shoe Room in between both locker rooms. Please change your shoes and clothes only in the Locker Rooms.
Please check-in with one of the Golf Professionals in the Pro Shop and they will direct you either to your Host or the Practice Facilities. The Pro Shop accepts cash, checks and credit cards for merchandise only. Guest fees and cart fees will be charged to the host member.
Driving Range & Practice Area
We have a limited flight driving range that borders the 9th fairway to the east and the grounds maintenance buildings to the south. Therefore, to help minimize the risk of the ball going over the fence, we ask you to please use the reduced flight yellow balls.
Speed of Play
Our pace of play rating is four hours and five minutes. Please maintain your position with the group in front of yours so that your round may be completed in the allocated time or less. If at least one hole is open ahead of your group, you must allow the faster group behind you to play through. To help you finish your round in four hours, we ask that you “play ready golf”. This means always be ready to play your next shot, including hitting out of turn when appropriate.
Repair Ball Marks
Please use the Green Fix divot tool to repair ball marks on greens. Repairing a ball mark will take ten seconds to complete. But an unrepaired mark takes over two weeks to heal. Here is the proper way to repair a divot:
- Tap down divot first with putter.
- Hold tool at a 45-degree angle.
- Just PUSH around the ball mark…do not lift, twist, or jab.
- TAP smooth with your putter.
Please fully rake your footprints and the area where your club impacted the sand back to a consistent surface. The proper way to rake a bunker:
- Rake over the club impact area completely
- Rake over all footprints
- Make sure the entire sand surface is consistent and smooth
- Leave all rakes outside of the bunker
Use Sand to Fill Divots
Our Bermuda grass will re-germinate more rapidly if you fill in your divot with the sand provided on our carts/push carts and tees. It is also acceptable on the course to “kick-in” your divots.
The use of cellular phones and pagers often interferes with the enjoyment of golf and dining. Their use is strongly discouraged (except in emergency situations) so please turn off cell phone ringers/personal electronic devices at all times during golf or while dining.
Golf Course Dress Code
The San Diego Country Club has a golf course dress code that is enforced by its Board of Directors. On the Golf Course and Practice Areas, clothes are to be neat, clean, in good repair and in good taste. Here are some helpful suggestions:
- Golf shoes or rubber sole shoes must be worn at all times.Metal Spikes are prohibited.
- Men - Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks, slacks or traditional golf shorts.All shirttails must be tucked in.Denim is not to be worn on the golf course or practice areas.
- Women - Collarless shirts with sleeves or sleeveless shirts with a collar.Slacks, Capri pants, traditional golf shorts or skirts of appropriate length consistent with current fashion and similar to that sold in the Club Pro Shop.
- Visors and Caps must be worn with the bill positioned forward.
- Gentlemen will remove hats, caps or visors while in the Clubhouse.
Feel free to contact the Pro Shop directly at (619) 422-0108 if we can be of further service.